Director of Project Management
Mont-Saint-Guibert – CDI
#Management #project #job #director
You have a strong experience in project management? You are an efficient person? You can handle different projects simultaneously owing to your organizational skills? Keep reading your future job description.
Our partner is looking for a Director of project management to join its team. This is a global pharmaceutical and services company with a unique combination of businesses focused on providing access to medicines to improve the quality of people's lives around the world
What are your responsibilities?
To be successful as director of project management, here are your tasks:
- Provides leadership through the guidance, direction, feedback, and training of direct reports in activities and policies to achieve high performance levels
- Allocation of projects, studies and customers to Project Managers assuring an equable repartition.
- Review the department revenues and revenue forecast.
- Review and approve quotes and budgets within the Project Management Department.
- Conducts and leads team meetings to ensure training for direct reports is in accordance with SOPs and company policies
- Leads by example in setting a positive and supportive team driven culture to effectively resolve personnel performance and other issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for all aspects of the project management for Phase I, II, III, IV clinical studies
- Coordinates where appropriate with the Business Development Team regarding strategic issues / client relationship, as well as regarding client contract creation specifications
- Proposes our distribution solutions for cold chain supplies and controlled temperature to the customer
- Utilizes project management tools to ensure time management in adequate planning, evaluation, and submission of risk assessment timelines on projects actively promoting best practice in these and other activities for team
- Ensures accurate billing of project planning hours and activities are documented and billed correctly
- Acts as a liaison between clients and company. Manages periodic business review meetings with clients as required ; coordinating with other internal colleagues as well as clients. Domestic and occasional international travel to clients may be deemed necessary and will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Works with Management, Operations and across our facilities and activities as required to maintain to address, research, and resolve issues and concerns raised by clients
- Works closely with Director colleagues to drive PM agreed initiatives and objectives.
- Collaborates with Director colleagues to address any issues, with clients or internally, that may arise, and contribute to continuous improvement, working toward harmonizing client experience, processes, and systems
- Communicates operational and personal concerns and opportunities for improvement to department leaders along with recommendations for resolution
- Takes responsibility for personal and team skill development in continuing to learn current pharmaceutical standards and industry trends
- Knows, understands, and complies with the company’s standard operating procedures and policies
- Performs other related job duties or responsibilities as assigned
- Regular 1:1 meetings with the individuals in the Project Management team, reviewing project status, set and review goals, identify training needs and discuss development.
- Training and coaching the department’s Team Leaders.
- Attend directory meetings and be a part of the strategic management group.
- Participating in Kick-off meetings and contribute to RFIs accordingly
- Supporting Business development activities and/or support project related initiatives.
Who are you?
Qualifications and Experience :
- 8+ years or related work experience and/or equivalent work experience relative to the knowledge of principles and practices involved in cGMP and Clinical Trial Management
- Experience in staff management desirable
- Ability to lead, mentor, and coach team members
- Identify and ensure appropriate fit of skills / experience to project or task requirements within team
- Capable of handling projects in different stages of development alongside management responsibilities
- Must possess a detailed proactive approach to management in problem solving of daily operations
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, active listening ability, and excellent time management skills for working within a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Must be a pro-active thinker and self-motivated learner to critically evaluate situations and adapt quickly in making timely and independent decisions
- Ability to own and handle challenging situations – using timely escalation where appropriate
- Confidentiality of all clients’ proprietary and pharmaceutical related information is essential
- Cultural awareness while working across regions with internal and external team members
- Excellent Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Experience in using a project management tool such as MS Project or Workfront
- Fluent in French and English. Any additional language is an asset.