Electrical Engineer – Train Interfaces
CDI – Bruxelles
#engineer #electrical #railway #train #cabling #system #schematics #bus #1stjob
Our Partner is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join the Train Interface Engineering team. The team is responsible for the electrical and mechanical integration of the Railster inside the assets, from the electrical analysis of the potential connection points to the production of the cabling kits that will be physically installed.
If you like trains, jump on board to connect thousands of rolling stocks to continuously transmit IoT data. You will work with the Train Interface team as an electrical cabling specialist and be surrounded by software, safety and supply chain experts to extend the leadership of our partner in train interface compatibility.
What are your responsabilities?
Your key responsibility will be to design cabling and connectors solutions to adapt the Railster to new types of trains, metros, trams, locomotives, commuter trains and high-speed trains.
For each new train interface project, you will be responsible for:
- integrating the Railster electrically and mechanically inside the train
- analysing the train electrical schematics to identify connection points on the train
- designing clever cabling schematics and cabling kits with easy-to-assemble connectors for field busses (MVB, Can Bus, J1708, RS484, Ethernet, RS232, Ethernet, FIP) and sensors (battery, level sensors, temperature sensors, vibration sensors…)
- producing and following up the production of the cabling kits
- participating in the design of mechanical installation in the train
- designing mechanical parts when needed
- writing up technical documentation, as simple and pragmatic installation instructions so that our clients can easily install the Railster and the cabling kit themselves.
After a few of months ramp-up period focussed on cabling production, you will be progressively responsible for the end-to-end implementation of your projects, client communication, escalation of issues and decision making at our level. You will be engaged with suppliers to find innovative solutions, with software programmers for testing and with our client end-users to provide them with a working and functional digitally connected train.
Who are you ?
- Master / Bachelor in electrical, electromechanical, mechatronics or electronics or equivalent by experience
- Interest in designing cabling schematics, reading and understanding electrical schematics
- Able to think outside the box and quickly identify technical solutions during field missions on trains, which are time-constrained
- General knowledge of industrial buses and protocols (MVB, Can, J1708, J1939, RS232, RS485, FIP)
- Mechanical knowledge (Solidworks, Fusion 360)
- Electronics knowledge a plus (Altium, …)
- Ability to work autonomously and proactively in a fast-paced environment,
- Ability to question himself on what she/he is doing
- Excellent written communicator: you provide regular written project updates, identify blocking points and re-prioritise accordingly.
- Fluent in Engish
- German speaker is a plus
- Position open to people looking for their first job
What can you expect?
Our Partner has a work culture focused on autonomy, creativity and everyday improvement. They implemented an asynchronous way of managing tasks, enabling uninterrupted focus time and avoiding internal meetings and e-mails. You’ll be given space to grow as part of a highly skilled cross-functional team.