Will you be our new ambassador?
Jefferson Wells Life Sciences specializes in supporting pharma & biotech companies in their daily challenges. Hence our interest in experts like you to pass our team.
Let's look together at your first challenge with us!
Associate Scientist Infectious Disease Discovery
In this role you will support the ongoing research in the infectious disease TA aimed at the discovery of new antiviral agents for prevention of respiratory virus infection. You work in a small team with the opportunity to interact with other groups in our client’s organization, bridging different stages of the discovery pipeline. You are highly motivated and passionate about performing research and associated laboratory tasks.
Scope of work:
- Evaluation of antiviral activity of newly discovered molecules in virus neutralization assays
- Respiratory virus and mammalian cell culture
- Bioanalysis of in vitro and in vivo samples (viral titer and drug concentration analysis)
- Assist in running viral challenge studies to assess the efficacy of lead molecules. This includes dosing, scoring, weighing, and sampling of animals.
After a period of initial training, it is expected that you will become an independent labbased scientist.
Who are you?
- MSc. degree or equivalent in virology, immunology, cell biology or related disciplines
- Experience with virus neutralization assays, molecular biology techniques (RNA extraction, RTqPCR) and/or ligand binding assays is a plus
- Willingness to work in BSL2-3 environment
- Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact in constructive and productive ways with other team members
- FELASA B or C certification to work with laboratory animals, or equivalent would be a plus
What can Jefferson Wells do for you?
As an ambassador you have the opportunity to grow within international companies where you can build a strong network. Through a personal follow-up, you receive quality support in every step that you accommodate. Finally, you enjoy the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through internal training and education.