Structures Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
CDI – Bruxelles
#engineer #structures #aircraft #mechanical #maintenance #aeronautical
After hours of flight, Aircrafts need a heavy maintenance in order to be sure of the safety of pilot and plane. Your role is to check all mechanical and structure part of plane. That’s why our Partner is looking for a Structrures Aircraft Maintenance Engineer.
You will be part of the maintenance team based in Zaventem, and you mainly work on Boeing 737 structural maintenance.
What are your responsabilities?
– To prepare the known Structures repair and/or the known Structures modifications in the Bill Of Work:
· To ensure that the procedures, parts, tooling, back shop are available
· To estimate the needed manpower
Technical and administrative support to the team leaders during the works
– Technically supports the sheet metal team leaders:
· Analyses the findings, together with the Team Leaders, raises quotations and necessary repair means : manpower, parts, tooling, back shop
· Searches for repair solutions into the documentation (SRM)
· Works initially in collaboration with the Engineering in the follow-up of questions addressed to the manufacturer or STC so that the informations exchanged are complete, professionally displayed and allow to reduce the response time. In a second phase, may lead technical discussions directly with the manufacturer or the STC.
· Defines the Structures repair priorities of the work together with the Sheet metal Team Leader and the Project Coordinators
– Assists the sheet metal team leaders with the technical support to the hangar floor
– Administratively supports the sheet metal Team Leaders:
· Writes and/or supervises the findings’ annexes writing in order to guarantee the compliance with the reference documents, the uniformity and the unequivocal implementation by the sheet metal workers
· Prepares the specific NDT inspections : measurement grids, particular communications, …
· Assists the Customer Support Manager in the reporting towards the complex Structures repairs
– Supports and attends the handover between the sheet metal Team Leaders
Analyse of the structures repair performed
– Analyses the difficulties met on the structures repairs performed
– Proposes improvement ideas and ensures their implementation in order to make it better next time
– Takes part to the continuous optimization of the general operation
– Works with and for the sheet metal Team Leaders
– Fosters the circulation of informations from the work field
– Continuous PDCA-cycle for each reported problem in order to permanently improve
– Reports any problem he/she was not able to solve at his/her level to the Team Leaders Sheet Metal and/or Project Coordinators
Who are you ?
Master Mechanical Engineering type training with aeronautic/space technologies option
You are a team player
You demonstrate diplomacy
You get communication and dialog skills
A first experience in an aircraft MRO environment is a plus
Languages: good knowledge of technical English. Knowledge of French and/or Dutch is a plus.
Computer: good knowledge of Microsoft Office and design software such as Vectorworks
What can you expect?
You will be part of a company specialized on all about Boeing Maintenance with a good spirit and in a dynamic environment. You will receive a package salaries depending on your competencies and study.