Will you be our new ambassador?
Jefferson Wells Life Sciences specializes in supporting pharma & biotech companies in their daily challenges. Hence our interest in experts like you to pass our team.
Let's look together at your first challenge with us!
Global Public Health Biomarker Research Scientist
In this role, you will conduct biomarker research related to tropical diseases, such as Dengue fever, in support of the Global Public Health translational science strategy. You will work with the biomarker, discovery and clinical teams and disease area leaders on identifying biomarker needs and implementing biomarker plans to support discovery, translation, and clinical development.
You will engage in the planning, execution, and interpretation of biomarker related efforts in clinical trials, such as assay implementation at CROs, data collection, data QC and supporting analysis activities.
Furthermore, you will participate in a highly collaborative and interactive environment, involving disease related internal and external projects. In this role, you will be a member of the GPH R&D Disease Management Programs team and report to the
Scientific Director Biomarkers.
Scope of work:
- This position primarily includes immunological, cellular, and molecular work within GPH R&D which includes collaboration with commercial and academic laboratories.
- Your research will be focused on the use of different technologies to assess the host response to infections (such as Dengue virus), and/or on the development of existing and new biomarker measurements and assay strategies related to biomarker application and validation.
- Your role will include collaboration with Discovery and Clinical Research colleagues to implement biomarker measurements that will inform and improve decision-making for the GPH drug portfolio.
- You will serve as an assay expert to GPH R&D biomarker leaders and in support of clinical teams.
- Scientific partner with CROs and external academic research groups. Drive scientific collaborations and projects with external key opinion leaders in the field
- You will have responsibility for recommending sample volume, acquisition, and handling requirements to operations and clinical teams, and work with the operations team to maintain an up-to-date tracker of available biomarker samples.
- You will assist with data analysis and interpretation and, with GPH Biomarker Leaders, communicate results to internal and external organizations.
- You will remain current on the evolving landscape of biomarker technologies and applications and relevant drug mechanisms of action.
- You will assist in collaborations with academic, industrial consortia, and commercial partners to optimize support of GPH biomarkers.
Who are you?
- Ph.D. (Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Molecular/Cell Biology, Immunology, Biological Engineering, or related field) with relevant experience focused on host immune response to infections (cellular and/or humoral) and/or experience in the use of different -omics technologies is required.
- Established scientific achievement as demonstrated by a robust publication record is required.
- Excellent communication, data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and to lead projects with minimal supervision is required.
- Excellent organizational skills to support clinical study sample analysis is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in tropical diseases and/or viral infections is preferred.
- Experience in arbovirus research is an asset.
- Experience in flow cytometry, ELISPOT, and ICS is preferred.
- Experience in developing and validating immunoassays is preferred.
- Experience in sample preparation using blood (whole blood, PBMC’s, plasma/serum) and other biofluids is strongly preferred.
- Experience in working in a project with multiple academic and industry partners is an asset.
What can Jefferson Wells do for you?
As an ambassador you have the opportunity to grow within international companies where you can build a strong network. Through a personal follow-up, you receive quality support in every step that you accommodate. Finally, you enjoy the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through internal training and education.