Will you be our new ambassador?
Jefferson Wells Life Sciences specializes in supporting pharma & biotech companies in their daily challenges. Hence our interest in experts like you to pass our team.
Let's look together at your first challenge with us!
Senior Project Manager for Project ATHENA
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager for the ATHENA project, a VLAIO funded public private partnership and innovation project in federated machine learning, combining omics and non-omics data in multiple myeloma and bladder cancer. The Senior Project Manager will manage all aspects of the ATHENA project, including the maintenance and monitoring of the project management plan, with all aspects of resourcing, communication and change management.
The project will enter its final phase (year 3) and sustainability planning will play a critical role. The Project Manager should have prior project management experience in a clinical setting, ideally experience and leadership in projects where real world data or novel types of patient level data (data from electronic medical records, genomics and/or imaging data) have been re-used for clinical research applying privacy-preserving methods.
Experience and knowledge regarding legal and ethical committee requirements would be required for the project management of these innovative clinical research initiatives. The Senior Project Manager will be coordinating a dynamic and diverse public private partnership consortium.
Scope of work:
- Defining the overall project strategy for year 3 of the project together with the project coordinators and WP leaders and assure the strategic goals are reflected in the project management plan and all actions to accomplish this plan (incl. facilitating steering committee and cross-WP meetings).
- Ensuring timely and accurate documentation and communication of progress and issue escalation. Day to day monitoring of the ATHENA project management plan and making adjustments as needed, in close alignment with the work package leaders and the project 2 coordinators. Leading activities of ongoing review of progress on deliverables, completion of milestones and risk analysis and mitigation.
- Monitoring project budget and supervising actuals vs forecast expenses, and reviewing assigned vendor invoices/spend.
- Managing the identified KPIs to measure outcomes and success for the ATHENA project, ensuring all partners are aligned on the approach to reach these KPIs. Monitoring risk and mitigation planning which may lead to a deviation of certain KPIs.
- Providing leadership and project management for the emerging sustainability initiatives which have to create mid and long-term value for each of the consortium partners. Support the consortium in identifying these most appropriate sustainability projects and helping to build the Return-on-Investment case and business plan for the sustainability phase.
- Leading the communication, including supporting internal and external dissemination activities in order to ensure value generation for all consortium partners.
- Successful project close out, assuring all administrative and financial requirements are fulfilled and making the project and its deliverables audit ready.
Who are you?
- An advanced biomedical sciences degree is preferred (Master’s/PhD/PharmD degree) with a minimum of 10 or more years of total business experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of project management experience in global clinical research either in a CRO, Pharma, consultancy or other clinical trial sponsor environment is preferred.
- Proven experience in managing and executing complex projects from start to finish.
- Excellent organizational, project management and influential management skills, complemented by a “hands-on” operational and business planning orientation is required. PMI (or equivalent) certified.
- Experience leading public private partnerships / consortium projects.
- Familiarity with and interest in health technology and health information technologies is required; direct experience with health information technology, healthcare technology, and mobile health applications is highly preferred.
- Experience with real-world evidence and data sciences is preferred.
- Experience contributing to innovative analytical solutions is preferred.
- Experience with management and supervision of vendors is preferred.
- A self -starter with strong results orientation, who can operate independently and can navigate complex, matrixed environments is required.
- Outstanding communications skills, both written and oral, capable of effectively summarize abstract concepts into clear, concise and insightful business cases.
- Experience collaborating successfully with global clinical teams, R&D Operations, Therapeutic Areas and Medical Affairs is preferred.
- Strong team player, motivating professional colleagues and stakeholders cross functionally and across organizations within the consortium.
- Fluent in the Dutch and English language and based in Flanders or Belgium (site visits expected).
What can Jefferson Wells do for you?
As an ambassador you have the opportunity to grow within international companies where you can build a strong network. Through a personal follow-up, you receive quality support in every step that you accommodate. Finally, you enjoy the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through internal training and education.