Liège – Contracting (CDI)
#projectengineer #designprocess #energy #engineering #P&ID #mechanical #electrical #ASME
Pour notre partenaire situé à Liège spécialisé dans le secteur de l'énergie, nous sommes activement à la recherche d'un Project Engineer – Energy.
What are your responsibilities ?
Projects in the energy sector are managed by the Technical Project Manager for the technical aspects and a Project Manager for the commercial and logistic aspects. The Project Engineer assists the Technical Project Manager as a working employee who coordinates and organizes the design engineering team allocated to the projects they are in charge of from the award of an order to the provisional acceptance of the equipment. The Project Engineer is particularly responsible to ensure that the Design Process is applied as defined in the QMS (quality management system) of the Energy Sector.
The Project Engineer – Energy is responsible for the execution of the project he/she is in charge of under the responsibility of the Technical Project Manager with the following objectives:
- Customer satisfaction,
- Conformance to applicable codes and norms, contractual scope of supply, Customer’s technical specifications, internal standards and local regulations,
- Quality, conformity and completeness of the technical documentation,
- Respect of document and equipment delivery schedules,
- Optimization of the design and the costs,
- Monitoring of the proposal BOQ’s and estimates,
- Control of internal and external interfaces.
The duties of the Project Engineer – Energy are amongst others:
- Application of the Design Process,
- Coordination of internal and external design teams,
- Optimization of the financial results of the projects he coordinates,
- Defense of the company's interests in an appropriate way in front of Customers and Suppliers,
- Preparation of RFQ (Request for Quotation) packages for the Purchase department
- Technical negotiations with Suppliers,
- Follow up of the engineering of the Suppliers,
- Key point of contact for mechanical erection and commissioning advisors on site,
- Technical risks assessments,
- Application of internal standards and good practices,
- Promotion of quality, efficiency and productivity to meet business objectives and goals,
- Prioritization of tasks,
- Promotion and implementation of continuous improvement.
Who are you ?
The Project Engineer – Energy has a generalist profile. He/She must be available for temporary missions, sometimes on short notice, including international travel.
He/She adheres to the essential values of the company:
- Customer oriented
His/Her soft skills are:
- Team spirit
- Information sharing
- Decision taking
- Results oriented
- Schedule oriented
- Problem solving
- Global viewer
- Technical coordination
- Comfortable with international contacts and relationships
- Ability to work under pressure
His/Her technical skills are:
- Analysis of contractual requirements in regards with internal standards
- Understanding of international codes and norms (mainly ASME, EN and ISO)
- Understanding of basic design of the products of the Sector
- Understanding of P&ID’s and product processes
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Application of internal technical choices
- Understanding of his professional environment
- Understanding of product and organization interfaces
- Fluent in English (reading, speaking, listening)
What can you expect ?
Jefferson Wells offers you a permanent contract as consultant with an attractive salary package and will give you access to trainings in technical matters and soft skills. We will be your career partner for each step along the way.
Are you interested in this job? Don’t hesitate to apply !