Clinical Supply Planner
Brabant Wallon – Contracting
The Clinical Supply Planner is mainly accountable but not exclusive for, distribution planning, supply planning, inventory management and customer service level (product availability) of Investigational Medicinal Products (IMP) for the studies assigned to him / her.
Clinical Supply Planning:
- In alignment with Clinical Supply Lead and Optimization experts, refines the IMP supply strategy to ensure adequate and sufficient forecasting of IMP
- Drive production plan, distribution plan and IRT settings throughout the study
- Responsible for creating the IMP distribution strategy to ensure timely and cost efficient delivery to clinical sites using distribution requirements principles.
- Manages IMP demand (forecast) and supply fluctuations in order to ensure timely and effective supply availability throughout trial, while managing the risks and minimizing the supply chain costs
- Accountable for mitigating all supply disruptions, such as Out of Drug situations, temperature excursions, recalls, depot closures, etc.
- Solving issues along the way, analyzing the context, proposing alternatives and reaching out to stakeholders to seek collaboration with the end goal on meeting customer’s needs.
- Orders packaging as well as resupplies for IMPs, and track releases. Orders and oversees expiry update re-labeling (shelf-life extensions)
- Manages inventory, order movements of IMP through the established distribution network.
- Manages study supply chain through the use of KPI's, such as forecast accuracy, scrap, inventory, enrolment and dispensing rates, etc.
- Monitors clinical and supply assumptions, as well as actuals, to reevaluate the distribution and supply plan throughout the study
- Ensures Strategic Development Supply Lead visibility on study supply activities and study supply budget variations for assigned trials. Proactively identifies risks and escalates issues
Project coordination and stakeholder management
- Guarantees optimal transfer of information/knowledge from CSSM, enabling an efficient conduct of the study, and ensures all deliverables until the study closure of the project
- Key contributor for achieving the planned milestones regarding clinical supply activities including packaging, labeling and distribution
- Support functions study closure activities
- Lead initiatives and projects to improve supply chain planning across using concepts and adapting internally.
- Foster effectiveness, efficiency and encouraging continuous improvements on business processes and SOPs by supporting or leading changes on those.
- Supply Chain Competencies
- Supply Chain Expertise: Understands supply chain planning and distribution processes been able to balance cost and service level either to internal customers/patients. Understands cause and consequence correlations between independent demand, dependent demand and supply planning parameters.
- Augmented Analytics: is able to build queries, summarize data and compute standard KPI's, including financial skills (ability to manage study and compound budget)
- Gathering & Interpreting information: gathers information and data from relevant sources and systems; contributes to interpretation and analysis
- Delivering impactful results: understands and defines how own objectives contribute to value creation, and takes initiatives to exceed them
- Learning through experience: learns from successes and failures, takes accountability for trying out new ideas and appreciates challenge
- Working together: contributes to working with internal and external stakeholders presenting opportunities to enhance performance, communicates effectively
- Championing change: tolerates risk and uncertainty, understands the need for and supports the process of change, reacts to changing demands
- Project management: Able to create, follow-up and control a project plan. Lead project meetings and influence project teams to execute project activities to meet timelines while on budget limits.
Jefferson Wells offers you a permanent contract as consultant with an attractive salary package and will give you access to trainings in technical matters and soft skills. We will be your career partner for each step along the way. You’re interested in this job? We kindly invite you to apply.
Do you have any questions? You can contact Anaïs Malikian, [email protected]