Brussels – Contracting
#productevaluation #automotive #engineering #english
For our client, specialized in automotive interior parts, we are looking for an Evaluation Engineer – Automotive.
The Evaluation Engineering Department is responsible for coordination and execution of the company product evaluations for automotive seats of Europe and Africa region projects, cost reduction activities and serial production projects.
Responsibility of the function starts with required evaluation selection according to development targets/product characteristics in close communication with colleagues from the R&D department within the company and continues with planning and execution until all evaluations are finalized and result outcome is examined. You will analyze the failure reason and support design departments in countermeasure development by providing technical insight.
What are your responsibilities?
- Select and schedule necessary evaluations for projects, serial production and cost reduction activities.
- Prepare correct test setup according to technical standards and receive reliable evaluation results.
- Understand and examine evaluation results, report and communicate results to related parties.
- Support plants/serial production on problem analysis and support in developing countermeasures for serial production issues.
- Prepare reports for project milestone meetings.
- Work and communicate closely with related parties in following up ongoing and planned evaluations and problem analysis.
- Continuously focus on improving quality of evaluation output by studying and comparing test method to known standards and implement improvement actions.
Who are you?
- Bachelor or master degree in engineering field, preferably in mechanical or industrial engineering or equal.
- Experience in product evaluation and product design is considered an asset.
- You have a hands on mentality and are able to work independently.
- Team player.
- Strong communication skill.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office.
- Basic knowledge of CATIA is an asset.
- Working level efficiency in English.
- Willing to travel abroad for short to mid long terms (5-15%)
- No physical restriction to handle/lift/carry parts (max 25 kg)
What can you expect ?
Jefferson Wells offers you a permanent contract as consultant with an attractive salary package and will give you access to trainings in technical matters and soft skills. We will be your career partner for each step along the way.
Are you interested in this job? Don’t hesitate to apply !