Fixed Contract – region Port of Antwerp
#chemistry #R&D #innovation
Do you have a master's degree or PhD in polymer chemistry? Are you able to tackle problems through your analytical and solution-oriented mindset? Are you a thinker with a hands-on attitude? Do you have a passion for innovation? Then continue reading.
Our partner is looking for an Innovation Scientist to reinforce their research team. This renowned production company, located in the Port of Antwerp, within the chemical sector is internationally active and has a strong focus on its customers, integrity and innovation.
As an Innovation Scientist you will work in an innovative environment, and you will be responsible for the execution of a variety of R&D/innovations projects. Your duties consist of wide range of different activities:
- Developing innovative products and visualizing processes / technologies to improve total cost ownership.
- Acting as lead researcher for the successful implementation of technologically complex products (polymers, polyurethane, organic synthesis, etc.).
- Conduct literature studies and development proposals for new projects
- Making recommendations on technological investment
- Analyze and solve bottlenecks between the internal capacities and the new product specifications
- Conducting product specification and feasibility studies
- Communicating with other departments and networking with technical experts to create synergies
- Report to the Innovation Technical Manager
Who are you?
To successfully execute these tasks and responsibilities, as an Innovation Scientist you will possess at least a master's degree or PhD in chemistry (polymers or organic chemistry). Knowledge or experience with polyurethane technology, product development and problem-solving techniques. In addition, you have excellent communication skills in English and a basic understanding of Dutch. Furthermore, are creativity, curiosity and a solution-oriented approach part of your personality and can you easily work independently as a team. Finally, you are also a hands-on thinker with strong analytical, organizational and planning skills who is open to travel occasionally.
What can you expect?
As an Innovation Scientist you will be part of a dynamic and open working environment with pleasant colleagues. In addition, you will receive an attractive salary complemented by an extensive package of fringe benefits and an immediate permanent contract of indefinite duration. Finally, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through internal training and education.
Does this position meet your expectations? Then apply directly via the website or contact Matthias Kegels on +32 (0)4 76 35 74 35 or send your CV to matthias.kegels(@)jeffersonwells.be.