Will you be our new ambassador?
Jefferson Wells Life Sciences specializes in supporting pharma & biotech companies in their daily challenges. Hence our interest in experts like you to join our team.
Let's look together at your first challenge with us!
Clinical Research Specialist
Scope of work:
Under general direction and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws/regulations and Corporate procedures and guidelines, this position:
• Serves as a Senior Clinical Research Specialist within the Clinical R&D Department to support
execution of company sponsored clinical trials, ensuring compliance with timelines and study
• Oversees/executes feasibility, selection, set up, conduct and closure of a clinical trial within the
allocated countries, in accordance with the ICH-GCP, applicable legislation and Company
Standard Operating Procedures;
• May serve as the primary contact for clinical trial sites (e.g. site management);
• Contributes towards development of clinical trial documents (e.g. study protocol, informed
consents, CRF, monitoring plan, study manual, investigator brochure, annual reports,….);
• Supports applicable trial registration (e.g. www.clinicaltrials.gov) from study initiation through
posting of results and support publications as needed;
• Manages/oversees ordering, tracking, and accountability of investigational devices and trial
• Interfaces and collaborates with site personnel, IRBs/ECs, contractors/vendors, and company
• Interfaces, collaborates and oversees Clinical Research Associates (CRAs);
• Oversees and supports the development and execution of Investigator agreements and trial
• Is responsible for clinical data review to prepare data for statistical analyses and publications;
• May perform monitoring activities including site qualification visits, site initiation visits, interim
monitoring visits or close out visits based on study need;
• May contribute to the development and delivery of appropriate global evidence generation
strategies (EGS) and evidence dissemination strategies (EDS) within the assigned projects;
• May provide on-site procedural protocol compliance and data collection support to the clinical
• Contributes to the critical assessment of the literature and to the interpretations and
disseminations of all evidence generated;
• Contributes to delivery of assigned clinical projects, through effective partnership with the study
core team leading to delivery of clinical project commitments (deliver on time, within budget and
in compliance with regulations and SOPs);
• May assist with the development of e Post-Market Clinical Follow-up (PMCF) Plans and PMCF
Evaluation Reports (ER) within the defined timelines and review/update at planned intervals;
May assist with maintaining the overview to assure (study) commitments are timely and properly
met by coordination of specific documentation and contribution to cross-functional review of
associated documents where relevant;
• Supports project/study budget activities;
• May act as Clinical Safety Coordinator
• Mentors team members;
• May perform other duties assigned as needed;
• Is responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management
level. Function as a reliable, trusted resource of accurate, up-to-date project knowledge as
requested by key stakeholders;
• Is responsible for ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and
company regulations, policies and procedures;
• Should develop a strong understanding of the pipeline, product portfolio and business needs;
• Generally manages work with supervision, dependent on project complexity. Independent
decision-making for simple and more advanced situations but requires guidance for complex
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Life Science, Physical Science, Nursing, or
Biological Science required.
• BS with at least 4 years, MS with at least 3 years, PhD with at least 2 years of relevant
• Previous experience in clinical research or equivalent is required.
• Relevant industry certifications preferred (i.e., CCRA, CCRC, CCRP, RAC, CDE, GCP, ISO
14155, MDR, MEDDEV,…).
• Clinical/medical background is a plus.
• Medical device experience is highly preferred.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
• Good understanding of clinical research science and processes, clinical trends, and global
clinical trial regulations;
• Proven track record in supporting delivery of clinical projects within clinical/ surgical research
setting, on time, within budget and in compliance to SOPs and regulations;
• Good presentation and technical writing skills;
• Good written and oral English communication skills;
Ability to lead small study teams to deliver critical milestones, as may be assigned.
Leadership required in alignment with Leadership Imperatives:
• Connect – Develop collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Shape – Make recommendations for and actively participate in departmental process
• Lead – Take ownership in critical scientific thinking and development of self and engage in
transparent and constructive conversations.
• Deliver – Strive to ensure all deliverables on allocated studies are met on time, within budget
and in compliance to SOPs and regulations.
What can Jefferson Wells do for you?
As an ambassador you have the opportunity to grow within international companies where you can build a strong network. Through a personal follow-up, you receive quality support in every step that you accommodate. Finally, you enjoy the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through internal training and education.
Are you interested? Apply now!