Will you be our new ambassador?
Jefferson Wells Life Sciences specializes in supporting pharma & biotech companies in their daily challenges. Hence our interest in experts like you to pass our team.
Let's look together at your first challenge with us!
We are looking for highly motivated Associate Scientist to complement one of our client’s teams in Beerse, Belgium. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team of eleven scientists consisting of a balanced mix of men and women with multiple nationalities. As a new colleague, you will get a buddy to help you get up to speed with the company and you’ll receive training from various colleagues
Scope of work:
Your task consists mainly of supporting scientists in their projects.
To do this, you:
- Plan and conduct moderately complex experiments and analyses and interprets the results
- Keep accurate records of your work.
- Review case report forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide solutions to problems of moderate complexity and exercise judgment within standard policies and procedures to determine appropriate action.
- Provide documentation to help supervisors with the preparation of technical reports, manuscripts, and other documents that record data or results.
- Prepare scientific drawings and diagrams.
- Present own data at in-house meetings.
- Write and update protocols, test methods and standard operating procedures.
- Participate in the origination or direction of experiments, through the development of methodologies.
- Use and apply moderately complex principles and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Collect data according to GMP guidelines (you will be trained in GMP)
Who are you?
- You have a Master’s in a relevant field
- You have knowledge of biochemistry and microbiology
- You have knowledge of Analytical Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Technology
- And/or knowledge of chemometrics
- And/or knowledge and/or experience with pharmaceutical processes (granulation, blending, spray drying, coating, …)
- And/or knowledge and/or experience of Process Analytical Tools
- Knowledge of spectroscopic techniques (NIR, Raman, UV and IR) for application in analytical chemistry is a plus
- You are fluent in writing and speaking English, entry level Dutch is an asset.
- experience in a R&D lab is a plus
- Successful applicants usually have 2-4 years of work experience. If your work experience does not fall within this range, do not hesitate to apply. Both our client and Jefferson Wells take into consideration that the perfect candidate doesn’t exist.
- As this is more a supporting role then a leading role, we think a candidate with a master’s degree will be more suited. If you do have a PhD, your candidature will still be considered. If your PhD project experience is in line with the role, this counts as relevant work experience.
What can Jefferson Wells do for you?
As an ambassador you have the opportunity to grow within international companies where you can build a strong network. Through a personal follow-up, you receive quality support in every step that you accommodate. Finally, you enjoy the opportunity to develop yourself personally and professionally through internal training and education.