Data Scientist (Big Data) Engineer (M/F/X)
Brussels – contracting
#automotive #bigdata #datascientist #engineering
For our client, leader in the automotive sector, we are looking for a Data Scientist – Automotive for the Powertrain Department.
What are your responsibilities?
With increasing electrification and move towards autonomous driving in the car industry, it is imperative that the cars of the future are smarter, more intuitive and shaped by customer feedback. Your project aims at customer data driven modelling for design and calibration of hybrid vehicles. The application is to analyse customer data (both subjective and objective) and to develop methods to incorporate this analysis in the design process. For this purpose data is being collected from customers’ vehicles in the field.
- As a first step a clustering process has been established which links these two datasets and can show clear link between the two using the process of mutual information.
- The two datasets predominantly deal with vehicle acceleration and driver feedback about this acceleration.
- The next step is to optimize this process in order to develop an automated approach. 1st deliverable will be the optimized process
- This approach should be in general applicable to any other similar topic where objective and subjective data need to be linked. To confirm this applicability the approach should be implemented to another suitable topic (2nd deliverable).
Your profile ?
- Master of Science or equivalent degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science or mechanical/automotive engineering, with 3~5 years of experience maximum in the industry.
- Strong programming skills using Python.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink.
- Relevant experience in the field of data science: processing of big data, exploratory & explanatory data analysis, data cleaning, feature engineering, statistical & correlation analysis, machine learning model training and validation, visualization, storytelling and presentation.
- Knowledge about automotive engineering in general and Toyota Hybrid System specifically is an asset.
- Traits: strong analytical skills, perseverance, autonomous and the ability to work as part of a team in a hybrid style (office & remote). A tireless problem solver, with intellectual curiosity and the drive to investigate technical facts in-depth, for a spirit to challenge the obvious and the will to explore uncharted territories.
- Ability to communication clearly at all levels, and visually summarise progress.
- Fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus.
What can you expect?
Jefferson Wells offers you a permanent contract as consultant with an attractive salary package and will give you access to trainings in technical matters and soft skills. We will be your career partner for each step along the way.
Are you interested in this job? Don’t hesitate to apply !