Liège – Consultance
#buyer #engineering #technicalbuyer #industrial #purchasing
Our client located in Liège develops large-scale technological solutions to meet the needs of our time: preserving natural resources, contributing to greener mobility, sustainable production, combating insecurity and facilitating access to renewable energy.
To strengthen its Procurement & Purchasing teams, our client is looking for a Lead Technical Buyer – Environment with an affinity for Electrical & Automation aspects. Our client is currently placing purchasing at the centre of its strategy and development for the next few years. We are therefore looking for an experienced buyer to enable us to successfully complete ambitious industrial projects.
What are your responsibilities?
The Lead Technical Buyer coordinates and steers the purchasing of the Mechanical, Electricity & Automation category with the main objectives of compliance with budgets, respect of deadlines and customer satisfaction (internal & external).
- You will be responsible, in collaboration with the relevant departments, for: Managing a panel of suppliers, i.e:
- Search for new suppliers and qualify them
- Evaluate the performance of current suppliers and bring them up to the required level of requirements by setting up and monitoring action and improvement plans
- Establish purchasing strategies for the most critical segments of your portfolio and deploy them, integrating market and requirement changes.
- Manage the operational purchasing process, including
- Requesting quotes from suppliers, analysing offers and negotiating the quality, performance and timing of materials, parts, equipment and services at the best total cost;
- Be a leader in the supplier selection process based on a comparison table of offers
- Negotiate and draft the terms and conditions of the contract / supplier order protecting the company's interests and in accordance with the contractual conditions of the customer contract
- Support the sales process by
- Providing unit prices or means to calculate budget prices for materials, components or services for which you will be responsible
- Negotiating prices and assessing the remaining negotiation margin, in order to validate and secure prices for critical materials, components and services.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of purchasing processes/procedures and their interaction with other processes.
- To apply the principles of ethics and sustainable development
- You will also be responsible for anticipating risks and opportunities at all stages of the purchasing process and influencing the definition of the requirement and specifications by providing market information
Your profile ?
- You have a bachelor's degree in business or a university degree depending on the scope
- Fluent in French and English and possibly other languages
- You have between five- and ten years’ experience in technical or industrial purchasing,
- You are familiar with an ERP system (SAP, Oracle)
- You are familiar with Office (spreadsheet, graphics, macro) and the usual project management software
- You are able to draw up a purchase contract and the associated conditions
- You are familiar with communication and negotiation techniques
- You are familiar with sourcing techniques
- You are familiar with risk management
- You have knowledge of the financial solvency ratios of a company
- You are familiar with the market in which suppliers operate and know their capabilities (company size, core business, production capacity)
- You are willing to travel occasionally, particularly for visits to suppliers abroad
What can you expect?
Jefferson Wells offers you a permanent contract as consultant with an attractive salary package and will give you access to trainings in technical matters and soft skills. We will be your career partner for each step along the way.
Are you interested in this job? Don’t hesitate to apply !