Our client works in the automotive sector.
The MBD team is part of the Powertrain Engineering department. Main activity is further develop the vehicle’s powertrain through (sub)-system simulation (SiL, MiL).
Aim is to meet the various requirements and expectations placed upon modern vehicles as well as improving the efficiency of the development process.
Additionally to system simulation model validation through physical testing methods and efficient data processing, visualization and analysis are part of the task package.
What is your responsibilities?
You will contribute to the development of efficient thermal system for our client’s future electrified vehicles as well as to the development of methodologies enabling virtualization of the development process. In order to achieve that our client need to develop semi-physical models capable of simulating the target vehicle energy performance. This model then is to be used to assess performance or efficiency gains from control or system proposals.
You will be working within the Energy Management team, tasks will include:
1. Follow-up of energy management benchmark activities on BEV vehicles and extract system proposals for our client electrified vehicles.
2. Development of HVAC control model to be utilized in MiLs or HiLs bench.
3. Data analysing of customer in actual EU usage condition, based on that proposal of thermal system performance evaluation conditions.
4. Support and follow-up of 3D-CFD related simulation projects.
Who are you?
• Master degree (mechanical engineering, mechatronics, energy or thermodynamics).
• 1+ year relevant experience in automotive in thermal/energy management.
• Profound knowledge of automotive powertrain systems and its elements, focus on cooling & refrigerant systems of conventional as well as electrified vehicles.
• Open, highly motivated personality with hands-on mentality, able to work in an independent way as well as cooperate and deliver to the team.
• Required computer skills: MS Office, MATLAB, Simulink, Simcenter Amesim, STAR-CCM+, GT-Suite.
• Any knowledge, experience in AI (Artificial Intelligence), ML (Machine Learning) techniques and Python coding is an asset.
• Must be able to efficiently & effectively communicate in English (written & spoken).
What can you expect?
Jefferson Wells offers you a permanent contract with an attractive salary package and access to technical and soft skills training. We will be your career partner every step of the way.
Are you interested in this position? Do not hesitate to apply!