Tubize – Contracting to Permanent (CDI)
#processengineer #steel #productionprocess #manufacturingprocess
For our client, specialized in the steel sector, we are looking for a Process Engineer – Steel.
What are your responsibilities?
You’ll be responsible to evaluate main production process and configure manufacturing systems in order to improve product quality, develop best practices within the production process, improve sustainability and reduce costs.
You’ll also participate to new products developments, designing innovative production processes.
- Optimize and supervise a set of physical models (reheating furnace, rolling mill, leveler, quenching unit, …).
- Define best practices for the different tools providing clear instructions to operators about machine settings and sequences that shall guarantee an optimal and reproducible product quality
- Be at the interface between
- the production workers, ensuring they know the procedures and they are well trained
- the maintenance in order to detect the faulty equipment and improve the maintenance plan
- the IT team analyzing the process issues and the quality team for improving the rejection and claim ratios
- Contribute to the development of new products.
- Develop the process to increase the efficiency
You are you?
- Master in metallurgy, material science or mechanical
- Preferably with experience of min 3 years in a similar function
- Knowledge of material science applied to steel plate: heat treatment process, metallurgy. Leveling or rolling techniques are an asset
- Automation and IT: IBA; database, analytical tool for statistical process control
- Knowledge on production management and Lean management concept
- Problem solving techniques: 5M, 8D, Ishikawa, A3, …
- Very good knowledge of French and English as working language
- Analytical thinking, interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, capability to develop people, working across departments without taking away line responsibility
What can you expect?
Jefferson Wells offers you a permanent contract as consultant with an attractive salary package and will give you access to trainings in technical matters and soft skills. We will be your career partner for each step along the way.
Are you interested in this job? Don’t hesitate to apply !